Leicester Animal Aid’s Community Pet Support Scheme Community Pet Support Scheme was launched in August 2016 to provide practical support for the elderly, physically disabled and housebound to care for their companion animals in their own homes.
The project aims to enhance human and animal wellbeing through sustaining the relationship between companion animal and human in the community for as long as it is mutually beneficial.
The free-to-use scheme currently operates in the Leicestershire districts of Blaby, Oadby & Wigston and Hinckley & Bosworth.
Thank you to the Scheme’s funders:
– Mars UK through their Pedigree Feeding Brighter Futures Fund for £11,000
– Edith Murphy Foundation for £10,000
– The People’s Postcode Trust for £14,695
– The Kennel Club Charitable Trust for £10,901
– Support Adoption For Pets for £2,416
Find out more at www.leicesteranimalaid.org.uk/cpss